1. Your Coolant Is Low. The refrigerant used in your system will break down over time. When the level of coolant hits a low level, it will stop working to prevent damaging the unit. A low coolant level may also be the result of a refrigerant leak. The only way to correct this problem is to have a professional service check and fill your unit.
2. Your Compressor Coils Are Dirty or Frozen. If the compressor coils are dirty, they cannot work properly. If they have frozen, there is a good chance there is a leak in your system. Your compressor may also have problems working correctly. There are many small parts within the compressor system that can wear out over time and cause your unit to stop working.
3. Your AC Unit Is Too Small. Some homeowners will purchase a unit that is not the right size for their homes. If your unit is not designed to cool the amount of square footage that you have, it will soon break down. It may work for a while, but it will struggle, and the extra work will cause parts to wear quickly.
4. Mechanical Failure. The condenser or the evaporator may have a mechanical failure. Motors break over time. This is especially true if your unit is over seven years old. You may also have a broken valve that signals the unit to turn on and off.
5. Electrical Issues. Outdoor AC units are a great hiding place for many different wild animals and bugs. Some of these rodents, small mammals, and bugs will actually chew on electrical wiring.
Consult With A Professional AC Company like Always Ready Repair
When your AC unit goes down, it is an inconvenience for everyone in the house. In homes where temperature must be regulated for health reasons, a broken AC could be critical. Always Ready Repair understands the importance of getting your AC up and running quickly.
Always Ready Repair has been serving area residents for over 85 years. We are a family-owned business that has grown to serve the community by treating every family as if they were our own. Your emergency is our emergency, and we are here to help.
If your AC is down, we will send a technician out to look at the problem. We carry many of the common parts in our trucks to repair your AC, so you do not have to wait for repairs. We will explain to you in detail what is wrong and why, and then we will gladly make the repair.
If you need to replace your AC, Always Ready Repair can install a new unit without delay. We are certified dealers of high-quality equipment, and we can guarantee that you will always get the proper size unit for your home. We also offer special financing (https://www.alwaysreadyrepair.com/financing) on any new HVAC or IAQ System.
You do not have to suffer from a broken AC unit. Call or Text Always Ready Repair at (708) 671-0813 the moment you notice an issue. We are available 24/7 and will be glad to help you with your cooling and heating repairs.