With summer quickly approaching, now is the optimal time to prepare your HVAC system for summer use. Ensuring that your system is functioning properly can help avoid the all too common situation of your A/C not working for you on the first hot day of the season. Here are some spring cleaning tips for A/C maintenance:
1. Clean around the unit. You'll want the space around the air conditioner to be free of debris or mulch. If the unit was covered with a special cover during the long winter months, please make sure that you remove the cover prior to using the A/C.
2. Replace the filter. When they're dirty, they restrict airflow due to blockages. If your home has residents with breathing problems or pets who shed, you'll need to place a new filter in the unit every few weeks. If you're not confident in the ability to do it yourself, call or text Ready Repair at (708) 671-0813 and we will be more than happy to do it for you during your next scheduled service.
3. Schedule a Spring maintenance Service Call with Always Ready Repair. Having a NATE certified technician come into the home to maintain your HVAC system is highly recommended. Before turning the A/C unit on for the season it is best practice to have everything tested. Doing so helps to ensure optimal functionality and efficiency for your unit.
4. Routinely check the thermostat and the unit to make sure they're operating efficiently. An incorrect thermostat reading would indicate a problem with your A/C system. Additionally, the unit may start blowing hot air as opposed to cold air. Alerting a professional to any problems that you're experiencing helps them assist you as quickly as possible. Avoid further damage by being aware of your system and its functions.
5. Report any odd sounds or smells coming from the unit. You'll want to rely on emergency repair services if you notice either of the two issues occurring in your home, especially at night. If a further investigation proves that there is a bigger issue, it is typically the most cost-effective to assess and repair these problems right away. You don't want the motor failing after neglecting something smaller that is an easier fix.
Your HVAC system is an important part of your home. Before the heat of the summer renders using your AC unit a necessity, have it looked at by a service tech who could identify potential problems before they worsen. A sizable repair can cost you a lot of money and delay you from being able to cool your home during the hottest days of the year.
Request HVAC System Service Right Away
Always Ready Repair Heating and Cooling has what it takes to keep your HVAC system up and running optimally. Contact us right away to set up an appointment to have your air conditioner serviced. We'll help you beat the heat during the dog days of summer!